What is Hosted VoIP & UCaaS?
This category goes by many names. The most popular seem to be Hosted VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) and now UCaaS (Unified Communications as a Service). Hosted VoIP is a cloud solution in which the service provider manages all VoIP equipment, servers (PBX), and services
- in most cases delivering both local and long-distance phone services back to client offices. IP phone handsets may be brought in by the customer or rented or purchased from the provider. A variety of enterprise-class features are available, including instant messaging, CRM integration, call center options, Outlook integration, and 24/7 support.
For example, a customer with many branch locations was looking for a phone system that could grow with them as they continued to expand. The firm also wanted to conserve resources by outsourcing the management of their voice and data network. With a hosted VoIP solution, they received cutting-edge phones with features including voicemail, call forwarding, intercom and conferencing, and integrated voice and fax messaging. All of their sites were connected with a private MPLS network with high-speed internet, which offered significant cost savings compared to multiple phone systems. As the company grows, branches can easily be added and integrated allowing for effortless communication across the country.
Why Consider Hosted VoIP & UCaaS?
- Cost savings – infrastructure, labor
- Simplified administration
- Scalability & flexibility
- High call quality and reliability
- Enterprise class features
- Access anywhere
To best review your business needs and goals, consult with an agnostic technology agent or consultant to gain a deeper overview of the range of Hosted VoIP & UCaaS solutions and providers. In addition to assisting you with procurement, the agent can also handle ongoing support.
Simplicity VoIP, based in Richmond, VA, provides hosted PBX, VoIP and business telephone solutions nationally to small, medium, and enterprise-level businesses for a comprehensive unified communications experience. Two distinct Class 5 geo-redundant VoIP platforms are offered in addition to fax-to-email, phones and equipment, and managed services. As a compliment to its business communications solutions, Simplicity offers a host of additional cloud and security technologies.