2018 Verizon Data Breach Investigations Report - Panel Discussion
The 2018 Verizon Data Breach Investigations Report (VDBIR), now in its eleventh year, is an industry benchmark for information on cybersecurity threats.
The 2018 Verizon Data Breach Investigations Report researched over 53K security incidents and 2,347 confirmed breaches, information provided by more than 60 contributors worldwide. Full of nefarious events by offenders both known and unknown, the 2018 DBIR will offer security pros a first-hand view into current cybercrime trends, and a map towards developing a prosperous and mature security program.
Verizon assembled a panel of to discuss the findings of the 2018 VDBIR to provide the cybersecurity answers you want, straight from the experts.
- Rick Holland, CISO, Vice President Strategy at Digital Shadows
- Michael Coden, CISSP, Managing Director, BCG Platinion North America, Head of Cybersecurity Practice
- Chris Camacho, CEO at NinjaJobs
Click here to access the video replay:
Of Verizon’s panel of experts for an executive review of some of the key findings of the 2018 report such as:
- Cybercrime can come in any shape or size, and not always in the form you’d expect.
- Forget slick cybercriminals targeting billion-dollar businesses. Most attacks are opportunistic and target the unprepared.
- The average time gap between the first click on a phishing campaign and the first report to Security? Longer than you think.
- Ransomware was the top variety of malicious software in 2017.
- Based on our data, one industry saw 93% of their data breaches occur at the point of sale.
- The overwhelming majority of incidents fell into one of nine attack patterns — knowing these can help you mitigate the risks of a breach.
The cybersecurity answers you want, straight from the experts.
There is no such thing as a cyber world devoid of risk. But information is power and understanding the threats you face today can only help you improve your security for the incidents you will face tomorrow.
To best review your business needs, confer with an agnostic technology agent or consultant to gain a deeper overview of the wide range of solutions and how each one fits in with what you’re trying to accomplish. In addition to assisting you with procurement, they can also handle ongoing care.
Comtel Communications is a full-service consulting agency as well as a Verizon Platinum Preferred Partner. As a compliment to its business communications solutions, Simplicity VoIP offers a host of additional cloud and security technologies including Verizon solutions. Our team can help you explore the security options available to protect your business based on key priorities.
Simplicity VoIP, based in Richmond, VA, provides hosted PBX, VoIP and business telephone solutions nationally to small, medium, and enterprise-level businesses for a comprehensive unified communications experience. Two distinct Class 5 geo-redundant VoIP platforms are offered in addition to fax-to-email, phones and equipment, and managed services. Named as Richmond’s 11th fastest growing company by Richmond BizSense, Simplicity VoIP’s key to success is its on-site service, installation and training supported 24/7/365 by a world-class client services team.